The Butcher Trainee will be a mature individual who will demonstrate the necessary qualities to perform this position with attention to detail and organization. The butcher trainee will assist in performing specific daily butcher duties. Develop your CAREER with VG Meats!
The Butcher Trainee will be a mature individual who will demonstrate the necessary qualities to perform this position with attention to detail and organization. The butcher trainee will assist in performing specific daily butcher duties.
Why should you work for VG Meats?
- Wage: $16.00 per hour for 42.5 hours per week!
- 25% off employee discount
- A growing company offering many learning experiences
- We are a regenerative employer meaning that the organization continues to build a workplace that is good for its staff, producers, customers and communities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Handle the following equipment: Slicing machine, Sausage machine, Salami mixer and cooker, Power grinder, Manual cutting utensil and Band saw.
- Clean meats to prepare for processing or cutting
- Shape, lace and tie roasts, other meats and poultry
- Remove bones from meat
- Prepare special displays of meats and poultry
- Prepare special orders
- Make special sausages and grind meats
- Cut poultry into parts
- Cut, trim, and prepare standard cuts of meat
- Cut carcasses, sides and quarters
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school graduation certificate
- Relevant experience in the food industry
- Able to work under pressure with tight deadlines
- This job is physically demanding, you must be able to handle heavy loads
- Attention to detail and great hand-eye coordination
- This position requires a combination of sitting, walking as well as standing for extended periods of time
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Organized and takes initiative
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
APPLY NOW https://vgmeats.applytojob.com/apply/3bIjgETUqh/Butcher-Trainee-Retail-Or-Wholesale
About VG Meats:
VG Meats is dedicated to producing high quality, healthy foods through sustainable farming practices. A fourth-generation family business, we produce tenderness tested beef, pork and pastured poultry that our customers love. We’re looking for people who share our dedication and vision. Our areas of focus are regenerative farming practices, retailers, farmers, restaurants, distributors and institutions.
VG Meats is an equal opportunity employer and accommodation will be provided during the interviewing and hiring processes.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 per hour
Please Note: Our recruitment team will send a Vervoe assessment to your email address listed as the next action in our hiring process. Further consideration requires the timely completion of the assessment.