The Role and responsibilities:
The Customer Service Team Lead is based in our Peterborough office, along with the rest of our customer service team. We’re well known for the way we treat our customers (we have hundreds of reviews online and on Facebook – they’re all amazingly good). Our customers are all super nice people. In this role you’ll get to communicate with them as well as other Members of the Mama Earth Team each day.
We have a small group of very nice – and super smart – people that you’ll be working with each day (there’s usually 6-7 of us engaging and communicating with customers at any given time throughout the day). The position consists (after the initial training) mainly of the following:
- Responding to customer enquiries via email, phone, and website app
- Responsible for the smooth operation of the Customer Service Team in the absence of the Customer Service Manager
- Helping to determine where problems occur, creating and implementing solutions
- Leading the Customer Service team by example in providing customers with exemplary service
- Ensuring daily scheduling and staffing needs are addressed
- Setting the tone for a positive, proactive customer first approach to problems
- Working with other departments to ensure we deliver an awesome overall customer experience
- Innovate and seek out opportunities to improve on and create efficient processes, promote continuous improvement
- 3+ years of management experience (ideally in an office environment)
- Computer proficient and tech savvy, excel proficiency an asset
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to set priorities, adjust and respond professionally to changing priorities and ad hoc issues.
- Ability to lead,motivate, and to guide team members in making consistent progress
- Strong ability to multitask
- Creative problem solver that can create solutions on the fly
- Strong attention to detail, critical thinking, analytical skills
- Proactive, logical, level headed
- Ability to clearly communicate (written and verbal), expressing requirements and expectations to a wide range of individuals
- Interest/knowledge in organics/environment/local food an asset
- Positive, naturally happy
- Must love animals (we have office pets)
What’s In It For You:
- You’ll be putting more food dollars into local farms so they can continue to grow the most nutritious and delicious produce while preserving farmland and biodiversity in Ontario.
- You’ll be supporting the creation of a local food system, built on principles of sustainability and biodiversity, and demonstrating that this can be both financially sustainable for farmers and affordable for consumers
- You’ll be joining a thriving business driven by an experienced leadership team who have built successful businesses
- You’ll be joining a team of talented, fun people who take pride in supporting the Local Food System one crazy fresh produce basket at a time
Things You Should Know
- You will work approximately 35-40 hours per week and this will include weekends (9-5) and some evenings until 7pm
- Starting rate is $20.00/hr and we offer staff pricing on all our organic produce and food.
- AND – you’ll work with an amazingly nice, smart and engaged group of people.Starting date is as soon as we find the perfect person.
How do You Apply?
Please forward your cover letter, describing why you would be a good fit for this position, and resume to heatherh[at]mamaearth.ca.
Bonus points for submitting them in one pdf. We kindly ask that you apply to us via email only, please no phone calls.
Thank you very much for your interest and good luck!