Responsible for operating the designated machine in a safe and proper manner, monitoring for mechanical problems or hazards, and conducting or arranging for maintenance as required.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
- Starts up/ shuts down rendering equipment and processes.
- Monitors process and makes adjustments to maintain quality of product.
- Performs quality assurance checks.
- Troubleshoots and repairs equipment when necessary; dismantles, cleans, and reassembles equipment as needed for processing.
- Works closely with Department and Maintenance Supervisor, providing feedback as to how equipment is performing.
- Sets up equipment to ensure that all products manufactured in the department meet Company and customer requirements.
- Completes required process checks and associated documentation.
- Maintains equipment and work area in a clean and orderly condition, according to GMPs.
- Completes department-specific tasks as applicable (e.g. loading trucks, quality checks, housekeeping, dumping distressed material, temperature records, etc.)
- Policies, Processes & Procedures
- Follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
- Working knowledge of food and meat plant regulatory standards (CFIA, etc.), GMP, HACCP, BRC, food safety, food quality, etc.;
- Working knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), WHMIS;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail and effective multi-tasking is essential;
- Computer literacy (MS Office).
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Driving for Results – Relentlessly pursues quantifiable and measurable results: identifies areas for improvement and executes changes as necessary.
- Communication & Listening – Encourages open and honest communication with the team, communicates messages clearly and concisely and listens attentively to others.
- Initiative – Proactively seeks new opportunities and challenges; takes ownership and accountability for enhancing results or minimizing problems.
- Builds Networks – Builds strong relationships with peers, partners and key stakeholders, cultivating meaningful connections.
- Awareness & Insight – Assesses oneâ€™s own abilities, understands how actions impact perceptions and thrives within our culture, climate and organization at all levels.