The Role and responsibilities:
As a driver, you’re the face of our company to our customers. You’ll have the distinct pleasure of delivering baskets of curated organic produce to homes and apartments around the GTA. It’s a challenging job, but a great position for the right candidate. Read on to see if you might be a good fit. Your key duties and responsibilities will be:
- Planning routes and delivery times
- Drive around sunny (or snowy!) GTA and surrounding areas, listening to your music and making deliveries in a timely and efficient manner.
- Read delivery instructions carefully, especially where to leave boxes.
- Pick up any empty bins, bottle, jars, etc. and put them in the designated areas of the warehouse, at the end of the delivery.
- Provide our customers with a great experience when they interact with you! You are the face of the company, we receive a ton of positive feedback about our wonderful drivers!
- Be happy working with limited supervision in a role where you will directly impact our community.
- Take initiative and be willing to assist others as necessary, be happy to roll up your sleeves and get the job done, including helping with other routes.
- Complete driver checklist accurately and legibly (reporting any supply shortages or vehicle concerns).
- Farm pickups (usually optional – before shifts or on weekends)
The perfect candidate will be/have:
- A Driver’s License, and clean driving record for the past 5 years.
- Ability to comfortably drive around the GTA and other areas in our delivery area , in all types of weather, displaying excellent driving skills.
- Familiarity with surrounding areas is preferred.
- A warm and engaging personality, displaying exceptional customer service!
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs, our customers love their baskets!
- Detail oriented
- Reliable and punctual always
- Interest/knowledge in food is an asset
- Willingness to work flexible hours and do other pick-ups as required.
Our drivers have their own individual routes depending on the day of the week (there’s usually only slight changes from week to week). There are many deliveries, but the areas are usually fairly condensed. You’ll get to meet lots of happy people who are excited to receive their food.
We usually start our drivers at 2-3 days a week and – if they’re doing a great job and they’re enjoying it – we add on more days (if they want more days). Starting time is usually 12:30pm (this can range from 11:30am to 1pm depending on the time of year and the day). Our drivers usually finish by 9-9:30pm (deliveries are usually done before 8pm). Starting rate is $19.20/hr. Health benefits are available to those who qualify after three months.
Interested? Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Please note that certain roles like Drivers, are members of the UFCW bargaining unit in the recent union certification at Mama Earth Organics.