The QC Technologist tests and inspects products at various stages of the production process and compiles and evaluates statistical data to determine and maintain the quality and reliability of products.
To Apply: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Test all samples live and keep the system up-to-date (100%QC completion rate metric achieved per shift – all samples tested live – target within 10 minutes of being produced).
- Ensures batch testing records are completed and inputted to sql and are kept live.
- Posts good inventory to the system and closes MO’s.
- Checks and reviews the accuracy of the MO issuance history.
- Maintains a high level of testing accuracy achieving no less than 99.95% testing accuracy rates per technician
- Will stop the line if needed to prevent a major food safety risk or repeat hold. Ensures all failed batches are retested immediately (once the production line as been assessed)
- Sends out daily Quality/Production report – takes full ownership for the content and accuracy of the report and must work closely with operations to ensure it is completed.
- Follows all food safety initiatives related to audit and certification program – assists with additional food safety projects as required.
- Assist QC Lean Project with QC related continuous improvement projects.
- Keeps QC Huddle board live – inputs dry production KPI’s into the SharePoint System.
- Helps develop and maintains all QC-related SOPs.
- Complete all assigned planner tasks before the due date. If an extension is needed it must be requested.
- Supports all aspects of the facility hold/re-blend program. For each hold that occurs (or expired item placed on hold), QC must:
- Place item on hold (physically and in the system) the same day the hold occurs.
- A hold notification must be sent to the team
- Will notify the Sr. Technologist of the hold (who will then coordinate a full CRM case and investigation and set up the re-blend in the system)
- Participate in any re-blend trials lead by the Sr. Technologist
- Will maintain and monitor all internal hold inventory(conducting inventory counts and adjustments when needed)
- Ensures the physical hold area is being maintained in a clean and tidy state.
- Supports the expired item project for the dry and flavour side.
- Completes daily QC facility verifications and supplier approval verifications
- Is an immediate support function for all operations issues found. Ensures a high sense of urgency is placed on keeping production running uninterrupted in a safe manner.
- Prepares and maintains all dry production labels. Ensures labels are available ready for production.
- Ensures all retain samples and MO’s in a safe and organized manner.
- Ensures the QC labs in a clean and “customer-facing” state at all times (including when testing)
- Supports all food safety initiatives, including (but not limited to) BRCGS, HACCP, GMPs, Allergens, GFCP, Kosher, Halal, Customer Requirements (Such as Costco standards and Kraft Standards)
- Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time.
- College diploma or university degree in Chemistry, Food Science or Microbiology Excellent computer, reporting, and time management skills.
- 3 years related experience quality control.
- Positive and professional attitude.
- Ability to work under tight timelines and pressure.
- Ability to work on a flexible work schedule when required.
- Demonstrates attention to detail and accuracy for all quality product testing.
- Meets all target deadlines for personal projects and assigned tasks.
- Detailed oriented and highly organized with the ability to multitask and prioritize projects and activities
- Adjust priorities to meet multiple demands and unanticipated events.
- Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to get the job done at all costs.
- Exercises good judgement to make effective, sound, timely and informed decisions.
- Ability to assess situations and make quick decisions based on risk.
- Fosters honesty through mutual trust and respect.
- Treats other fairly.
- Speaks plainly and truthfully.
- Possess a strong willingness to work hard and is committed to achieving goals.
- Provides support to both the Quality Team and other Teams.
- Readily shares information, knowledge and personal strengths.
- Open to other’s ideas to build a collaborate environment.
- Seeks to understand and build on different perspectives of others to enhance team efficiency and quality outcomes.
- Speaks and writes clearly, articulates the message.
- Often solicits feedback and reacts calmly to criticism.
- Seeks to understand other people’s viewpoints.
- Listens attentively.
- Role model in the organization/team.
- Takes the lead for Quality and Food Safety initiatives, i.e. BRC, HACCP, GMPs, Allergens
- Strong emotional intelligence and conflict resolution strategies.
- Creates an atmosphere of respect and cooperation.
- Promotes efforts aimed at continuous improvement and improvement of current business processes.
To Apply: Email email@example.com
Embassy Ingredients is committed to providing accommodations for applicants with disabilities through the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise the People and Development Department of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in a career at Embassy, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.