The Role and responsibilities:
The Warehouse Assistant General Manager will be accountable for providing support to the Warehouse General Manager including managing the warehouse team and management of the warehouse infrastructure. The maintenance and infrastructure of the warehouse includes coordination of various contract work and/or repairs of the building and equipment. This includes but is not limited to work involving the fridges, HVAC units, warehouse equipment, plumbing, etc.
Your key duties and responsibilities are:
- Ensure the infrastructure of the warehouse is well maintained and repairs are conducted in a timely manner
- Communicate and work with building superintendent when required to ensure certain repairs are completed on time
- Manage a small team of direct reports, the product distribution team of ~6 employees, including scheduling, evaluating/directing workflow, regularly communicating job expectations, monitoring, and appraising performance
- Develop guidelines and processes that ensure efficiency, reduce waste, and promote continuous improvement
- Ensure warehouse is clean and organized, finding ways to further improve organization and streamlining
- Strategically plan for future growth according to company forecasts including employees, space, and equipment required, creating schedules and setting milestones to ensure success
- Work with Warehouse General Manager to assist with other tasks/projects as assigned
- You have excelled for 3+ years in a similar role
- Experience dealing with contractors, technicians and/or maintenance workers
- Ability to interpret and compare quotes and negotiate as required
- Experience leading a team
- Proven ability to clearly communicate (written and verbal), expressing requirements and expectations to a wide range of individuals
- Ability to set priorities, adjust and respond professionally to changing priorities and ad hoc issues.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate to guide team members in making consistent progress
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively, resourceful
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Cooperative and communicative attitude with executive staff, managers, and employees
- Demonstrated ability to coach and develop team members, provide positive and constructive feedback in a regular and timely manner
- Weekend availability is required, you will be managing operations in the absence of the Warehouse GM. Weekend hours are ~7am-3/4pm on Saturday and Sunday.
What’s In It For You:
- You’ll be putting more food dollars into local farms so they can continue to grow the most nutritious and delicious produce while preserving farmland and biodiversity in Ontario.
- You’ll be supporting the creation of a local food system, built on principles of sustainability and biodiversity, and demonstrating that this can be both financially sustainable for farmers and affordable for consumers
- You’ll be joining a thriving business driven by an experienced leadership team who have built successful businesses.
- You’ll be joining a team of talented, fun people who take pride in supporting the Local Food System one crazy fresh produce basket at a time.
Things You Should Know
How do You Apply?
Please forward your cover letter and resume to heather(at)mamaearthteam.ca. We kindly ask that you apply to us via email only, please no phone calls. Thank you very much for your interest and good luck!