A Breakdown of the Lead Implementer Training
ADVANCED RISK OPTIMIZATION
Risk optimized food safety systems allow rapid implementation, focus on recall avoidance, brand protection and more efficient use of your most valuable resources – time and money.
Why choose a new approach?
- Existing food safety training is clause/checklist based – not focused on techniques and tool kits.
- Gap assessments of GFSI and PCQI scheme training has identified very poor trainee feedback.
- Lack of true understanding of risks and controls leads to misdirected money and personnel.
How do we know the approach works?
- The risk optimization approach has been proven effective in several regions globally.
- New graduates, as well as experienced food safety industry personnel, can attest to benefits.
- Small/medium companies appreciate rapid implementation through toolkits and adult learning.
- Training aligned with ISO 22000:2018, US Food Safety Modernization Act, (FSMA), and the Safe Food for Canadians Act, (SFCA).
- Effective, adult learning format training with tool kits to implement all key elements.
- Advanced, intensive, exclusive RORC Risk Optimization Calculator tool kit to consistently calculate risk and establish control tiers.
- Rigorous supplier approval and supply chain monitoring tool kits and scorecard system.
- Intensive, unique format for risk assessment studies.
- Techniques to develop risk based specifications – internal and supply chain.
- Techniques for using control tiers to streamline procedures and risk control plans.
- Tool kits for control tier based, advanced corrective action, root cause analysis and closure evidence evaluation.
- Advanced tool kits for effective, risk/control tier based, virtual or on-site internal/supplier audit planning, performance and non-conformance closure.
Related: A Guide to Becoming a Food Auditor
COURSE BREAKDOWN BY DAY
|1||Course Goal And Learning Outcomes|
|Sustainable Food Safety Management Systems|
|Change Traditional Thinking|
|Preparing For Product Safety Implementation|
|Categories Of Hazards|
|Areas Where Hazards Occur|
|Basic Flow Diagrams – Human Food / Animal Food / Cannabis|
|Workshop: Process Flow Diagrams|
|Management And Corporate Roles – Organizational Structure And Corporate Activities|
|Food Safety Related Objectives|
|Communication – External And Internal|
|Management Review Inputs|
|Management Review Outputs|
|Advanced, Consistent Management Review Module And Tool Kit – Form Demo|
|Workshop: Management Review Form|
|Raw Materials And Product Characteristics Based On Risk|
|Hazards And Controls|
|Hazard/Preventive Control Identification|
|Sources Of Hazards / Areas Where Hazards Occur|
|Hazard Research Options/Resources|
|Workshop: Hazard Analysis – Source Area Breakdown|
|Validation Of Effective Controls – Feasibility / Sustainability|
|Risk Assessment – Traditional|
|Advanced Hazard Analysis / Risk Assessment Module And Tool Kit – 2 Stage Tool Kit Demonstration|
|What Can Increase Probability?|
|What Can Decrease Probability?|
|Elevating Severity Of Impact|
|Workshop: Risk Assessment Tool Kit|
|Risk Assessment And Resource Optimization|
|Workshop: Personnel Training And Evaluation – Redesign Of Procedures / Adult Learning Format Training|
|Risk-Based Supplier Hazard Controls|
|Risk-Based Supplier Audit Frequency|
|Workshop: Supplier Approval And Monitoring Based On Risk Optimization|
|Utilities – Air, Water, Steam, Energy|
|Equipment Design, Maintenance And Calibration|
|Management Of Purchased Materials/Services|
|Some Key Suppliers – Selection, Qualification, Monitoring|
|Advanced Supply Chain Control Module: Supplier Risk Control, Approval And Monitoring – Forms And Risk Assessment / Supplier Communication Tool Kit; Use Of The RORC Vendor Monitoring Scorecard / Supporting Criteria|
|Allergen/Sensitive Ingredient/Medication Handling / Use / Reconciliation|
|Prevention Of Cross Contamination: Foreign Material Detection, Control, Chemical Control, Other Controls|
|Medication Handling / Use / Reconciliation – Cannabis Edible Handling|
|Sequencing And Flushing / Clean Out|
|Personnel Training And Evaluation|
|Personnel Hygiene/Health; Employee Facilities|
|Cleaning And Sanitizing|
|Returns And Rework|
|Recall, Traceability; Emergency Preparedness, Contingency Plans – Effective Drills / Documentation|
|Rorc Transmissible Disease Risk Mitigation Program (TDP)|
|Warehousing And Transport – Internal / External Facilities|
|Product Information, Packaging, Labelling, Testing, Positive Release|
|Food Defense, Facility Security, Threats|
|Food Fraud, Vulnerability, Claims, Supply Chain Control|
|Workshop: Food Defense And Food Fraud|
|3||Establishing Preventive Controls (PCs), Operational Prerequisite Programs (OPRPs) Or Critical Control Points (CCPs) – Criteria and Templates|
|Establishing Clear Criteria For Different Levels Of Controls|
|Workshop: PC/OPRP/CCP Decision Tree (RORC Exclusive)|
|Critical And Control Limits – Accuracy and Feasibility|
|Tier Based Monitoring Of Key Hazard/Risk Controls|
|Establishing Corrective Action Components|
|Advanced Corrective Action / Root Cause Analysis Module; Risk Based Corrective Action Tool Kit|
|Workshop: Corrective Actions / 8-D, 5-Why, Integrated Root Cause Analysis / CAR Closure Evidence|
|Records – Efficient Design, Types Of Records, Retention / Custody|
|Validation, Verification, System Updates, Continual Improvement|
|CCP/Preventive Control Plans|
|Workshop: PRP/PC/OPRP/CCP Control Plans – Focus Elements / Pitfalls|
|4||Advanced Risk Based Internal Audit Planning, Performance, Reporting, CAR Closure Module And Tool Kit|
|Benefits Of Competent Auditing|
|Risk-Based Internal Audit Planning|
|Audit Plan Template Based On Risk Optimization – Audit Preparation|
|Workshop: Advanced Internal Audit Planning – Integrating Internal Audits With Business Operations / Objectives|
|How Operational Audit Trails Work|
|Overarching Program Audits|
|Techniques For DQIR Audit Components And Virtual Audits|
|CAR Details And Allocation|
|Workshop: Categorizing/Closing Non-Conformities|
|Non-Conformances And Follow Up|
|Preparation Of Site Master Plans To Summarize Risk Optimization To Customers, Auditors, Regulatory Agencies|
|Selection Of Aligned Certification Schemes: Qualification Of Certification Bodies / Auditors|
|Open Question Session; Discussion Of Next Steps|
Limited spaces: INSTRUCTOR LED / ONLINE
Risk Optimization Resource Centre:
Victor Muliyil (Founder/Technical Director)
Telephone: +1 (289) 233-4974
Direct Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nicole Gallace: Founder/CEO
Telephone: +1 (905) 320-8827
Direct Email: email@example.com