A Breakdown of the 4-Day Lead Implementer Training
ADVANCED RISK OPTIMIZATION
Risk optimized food safety systems allow rapid implementation, focus on recall avoidance, brand protection and more efficient use of your most valuable resources – time and money.
Why choose a new approach?
- Existing food safety training is clause/checklist based – not focused on techniques and tool kits.
- Gap assessments of GFSI and PCQI scheme training has identified very poor trainee feedback.
- Lack of true understanding of risks and controls leads to misdirected money and personnel.
How do we know the approach works?
- The risk optimization approach has been proven effective in several regions globally.
- New graduates, as well as experienced food safety industry personnel, can attest to benefits.
- Small/medium companies appreciate rapid implementation through toolkits and adult learning.
- Training aligned with ISO 22000:2018, US Food Safety Modernization Act, (FSMA), and the Safe Food for Canadians Act, (SFCA).
- Effective, adult learning format training with tool kits to implement all key elements.
- Advanced, intensive, exclusive RORC Risk Optimization Calculator tool kit to consistently calculate risk and establish control tiers.
- Rigorous supplier approval and supply chain monitoring tool kits and scorecard system.
- Intensive, unique format for risk assessment studies.
- Techniques to develop risk based specifications – internal and supply chain.
- Techniques for using control tiers to streamline procedures and risk control plans.
- Tool kits for control tier based, advanced corrective action, root cause analysis and closure evidence evaluation.
- Advanced tool kits for effective, risk/control tier based, virtual or on-site internal/supplier audit planning, performance and non-conformance closure.
COURSE BREAKDOWN BY DAY
|Course Goal And Learning Outcomes
|Sustainable Food Safety Management Systems
|Change Traditional Thinking
|Preparing For Product Safety Implementation
|Categories Of Hazards
|Areas Where Hazards Occur
|Basic Flow Diagrams – Human Food / Animal Food / Cannabis
|Workshop: Process Flow Diagrams
|Management And Corporate Roles – Organizational Structure And Corporate Activities
|Food Safety Related Objectives
|Communication – External And Internal
|Management Review Inputs
|Management Review Outputs
|Advanced, Consistent Management Review Module And Tool Kit – Form Demo
|Workshop: Management Review Form
|Raw Materials And Product Characteristics Based On Risk
|Hazards And Controls
|Hazard/Preventive Control Identification
|Sources Of Hazards / Areas Where Hazards Occur
|Hazard Research Options/Resources
|Workshop: Hazard Analysis – Source Area Breakdown
|Validation Of Effective Controls – Feasibility / Sustainability
|Risk Assessment – Traditional
|Advanced Hazard Analysis / Risk Assessment Module And Tool Kit – 2 Stage Tool Kit Demonstration
|What Can Increase Probability?
|What Can Decrease Probability?
|Elevating Severity Of Impact
|Workshop: Risk Assessment Tool Kit
|Risk Assessment And Resource Optimization
|Workshop: Personnel Training And Evaluation – Redesign Of Procedures / Adult Learning Format Training
|Risk-Based Supplier Hazard Controls
|Risk-Based Supplier Audit Frequency
|Workshop: Supplier Approval And Monitoring Based On Risk Optimization
|Utilities – Air, Water, Steam, Energy
|Equipment Design, Maintenance And Calibration
|Management Of Purchased Materials/Services
|Some Key Suppliers – Selection, Qualification, Monitoring
|Advanced Supply Chain Control Module: Supplier Risk Control, Approval And Monitoring – Forms And Risk Assessment / Supplier Communication Tool Kit; Use Of The RORC Vendor Monitoring Scorecard / Supporting Criteria
|Allergen/Sensitive Ingredient/Medication Handling / Use / Reconciliation
|Prevention Of Cross Contamination: Foreign Material Detection, Control, Chemical Control, Other Controls
|Medication Handling / Use / Reconciliation – Cannabis Edible Handling
|Sequencing And Flushing / Clean Out
|Personnel Training And Evaluation
|Personnel Hygiene/Health; Employee Facilities
|Cleaning And Sanitizing
|Returns And Rework
|Recall, Traceability; Emergency Preparedness, Contingency Plans – Effective Drills / Documentation
|Rorc Transmissible Disease Risk Mitigation Program (TDP)
|Warehousing And Transport – Internal / External Facilities
|Product Information, Packaging, Labelling, Testing, Positive Release
|Food Defense, Facility Security, Threats
|Food Fraud, Vulnerability, Claims, Supply Chain Control
|Workshop: Food Defense And Food Fraud
|Establishing Preventive Controls (PCs), Operational Prerequisite Programs (OPRPs) Or Critical Control Points (CCPs) – Criteria and Templates
|Establishing Clear Criteria For Different Levels Of Controls
|Workshop: PC/OPRP/CCP Decision Tree (RORC Exclusive)
|Critical And Control Limits – Accuracy and Feasibility
|Tier Based Monitoring Of Key Hazard/Risk Controls
|Establishing Corrective Action Components
|Advanced Corrective Action / Root Cause Analysis Module; Risk Based Corrective Action Tool Kit
|Workshop: Corrective Actions / 8-D, 5-Why, Integrated Root Cause Analysis / CAR Closure Evidence
|Records – Efficient Design, Types Of Records, Retention / Custody
|Validation, Verification, System Updates, Continual Improvement
|CCP/Preventive Control Plans
|Workshop: PRP/PC/OPRP/CCP Control Plans – Focus Elements / Pitfalls
|Advanced Risk Based Internal Audit Planning, Performance, Reporting, CAR Closure Module And Tool Kit
|Benefits Of Competent Auditing
|Risk-Based Internal Audit Planning
|Audit Plan Template Based On Risk Optimization – Audit Preparation
|Workshop: Advanced Internal Audit Planning – Integrating Internal Audits With Business Operations / Objectives
|How Operational Audit Trails Work
|Overarching Program Audits
|Techniques For DQIR Audit Components And Virtual Audits
|CAR Details And Allocation
|Workshop: Categorizing/Closing Non-Conformities
|Non-Conformances And Follow Up
|Preparation Of Site Master Plans To Summarize Risk Optimization To Customers, Auditors, Regulatory Agencies
|Selection Of Aligned Certification Schemes: Qualification Of Certification Bodies / Auditors
|Open Question Session; Discussion Of Next Steps