Hello! I am a self-motivated and conscientious individual with more than four years of professional experience in food quality control, technical assessment, and microbiology laboratory support. When I can, I also keep up-to-date on emerging food and product trends and conduct my own research and assessment on the side.
Teamwork and Individual working abilities, Communication and Interpersonal skills, Negotiation skills, Training and Supervising skills, Product and Process Improvement, Change Control & Change Management, Microbiology Testing and Analysis, Food Safety Procedures (Food Quality Control and Quality Assurance) and Documentation, Analytical Problem-Solving skills, Numerical thinking abilities, Food Development Support on the Production Line.
Experiences and Licenses:
• Hands-on experiences of food safety validation: HACCP, Pre-Requisite program, GMP, Sanitation, and SOP.
• Solid knowledge of Government food regulations and policies (The Food Safety Enhancement Program - FSEP, Safe Food for Canadians Regulation - SFCR, British Retail Consortium Policy Manual), meat specifications, processing, and equipment, basic food handling guidelines, WHMIS, EHS, and TCPS 2: CORE implementation.
• Have Class G Driver’s License. High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Relevant Coursework: Sensory Evaluation of Foods (includes sensory methodology and statistical analysis for sensory evaluation), Food Safety Management Systems, Food Packaging, Food Nutrition (with Food Labelling knowledge), Food Engineering Principles, Advanced Food Analysis, Food Chemistry, Food & Industrial Microbiology, Food Processing
• Facilitated daily on-site quality control and quality assurance procedures, including monitoring, inspecting, verifying, documenting, and reporting of the equipment and products' status, following the HACCP, GMP and Pre-Requisite guidelines on food safety and quality.• Worked with Operation team on daily basis to ensure product specifications are met with company, regulatory and customer requirements and expectations.• Collaborated with the Product Development team on product launch and improvements. Performed shelf-life analysis, sensory evaluations, and provided technical guidance on product development and manufacturing.• Conducted sample collection and coordinated product and environment analysis for microbial contamination.• Issued the food safety incident reports based on the tracked root causes and authorized the implementation of corrective actions across levels to prevent further damage to the production line when necessary.• Calibrated and verified the equipment and the temperature; Verified and updated labelling information; And prepared documents in compliance with the requirement of the government regulatory agencies.• Inspected incoming raw materials provided by corporate-approved suppliers to ensure the quality matches the factory’s requirement before sending them to production. Liaised with suppliers on risk audit and claim if needed.• Assisted the HACCP Plan, Pre-Requisite program and the SOP process’s management by performing record reviews and reassessments at the established frequencies, and authorizing changes to improve their efficiency.
• Prepared food samples, lab equipment, and testing tools for further experiments following the requirements of Dr. Keith Warriner’s food microbiology research & food safety lab and the lab safety procedures.• Performed inspections and microbiology testing on food samples and recorded the summarized data into the database.• Provided other required assistance to the supervisors, who are working on technical analysis and report preparation with data collected from the shelf-life improvement control and test procedures.• Consulted with other professionals to troubleshoot the problems that arise during the experiments, which increased the efficiency and productivity of the lab.