Hear from a Senior Product Manager at McCormick Canada
Name: Phillip Pavlov
Title: Sr. Product Manager CPD
Company: McCormick Canada
Years worked in current role: Under 1 year
Years of experience in food industry: 16 years
In 300 characters or less describe your job:
I work as a Senior Product Manager for McCormick Canada in charge of Honey & Baking categories in Retail.
What are the top 3 characteristics you need to be good at your job:
- Analytics (consumer, customer, financial, etc.)
- Strategy (business, marketing, sales, etc.)
- Presentation, interpersonal and communication skills
Why did you decide to pursue a career in food?
Food is something people will always need. It provides a certain sense of stability for me, but also a great way to change people’s lives for the better.
Top 3 advice tips for students and new grads coming into the industry
- Be open to start at a junior level, you will grow if you are good
- Be flexible. Learn various aspects be it customer service, sales, merchandising, etc. It will all come handy, so do not be fixated on just one thing
- Make sure you are passionate about what you do, this will surely help you deliver better results than the rest (and you also will be happy coming to work every day)
Tell us why your Food Job Rocks?
- Great people at my company
- My boss who gives me the freedom and the autonomy to succeed
- Great brands I work with like Billy Bee (Honey)
To do a common thing uncommonly well brings success (Henry Heinz)
Students/Grads: Create your FREE profile to ‘get found’ by employers, access skill development & training, advice from industry pros, apply to jobs to start your career and join a niche food & beverage community, the future of the food industry
Employers: Learn how a subscription to FoodGrads can benefit your organization, unlimited job posting, on-boarding program, branding, a small investment for a big future!
College/Universities: Learn how a subscription to FoodGrads can benefit you. Engage your students and bring attention to your programs.